- The owner pays the agency commission.
- Phone deposits (usually for long distance telephone) are released 90 days after departure.
- Leases are prepared for all vacation rentals.
- All of our rentals are for 1 week or longer.
- Almost all run Saturday to Saturday, with a few running Sunday to Sunday.
- Many properties are booking 2 weeks or long during July & August until a certain date, after which they will be open to 1 week rentals.
- Vacationing in October? Make your booking before October 1st or the cottage you want might be closed for the season.
- We have started booking for the 2022 season.
- 2022 rate schedule for most properties:
- May rates April 23-May 28
- June rates May 28-June 25
- July rates June 25-July 23
- August rates July 23-Aug 27
- September rates Aug 27-Sept 22
- October rates Sept 22-Oct 29
- All posted Vacation Rental Prices are the Discounted Cash Price
- There is a 9% Maine Lodging Tax on all vacation rentals.
- Security deposits cover excess cleaning and/or damage, and are returned 10 days after departure.
- Initial payment for leases totaling less than $2500 is: 50% of the Rent amount for bookings made prior to April 1st, & 70% of the Rent amount for bookings made after April 1st. Final payment is due four weeks before arrival.
- Initial payments for leases totaling $2500 or more is: 40% of the Rent amount for bookings made prior to April 1st with a second payment of 40% due half way between, & 70% of the Rent amount for bookings made after April 1st with final payment is due four weeks before arrival.
- Payments made 4 weeks or more prior to arrival may be in the form of a personal check to take advantage of the cash discount.
- Payments made less than 4 weeks prior to arrival need to be in the form of a Certified Bank Check, Money Order, or Wire Transfer to take advantage of the cash discount, or by Credit Card (no cash discount)
- Wire Transfer: Our Bank and their Transaction Agent do not deduct any fees for incoming wire transfers. Please ask your Bank about their wire fee and any fee from their Transaction Agent, to ensure the proper amount is transferred.
- Credit Card payments can be made at anytime (Visa, Master Card, Discover) No Cash Discount
If you have questions on Credit Card payment please give us a call (207) 244-5563 or e-mail [email protected]
To make a Credit Card Payment click here L.S.Robinson Credit Card Payments
- LSRobinson Co. Real Estate office hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Rentals are from Saturday with check-in no earlier than 3:00 or 4:00pm, to Saturday morning check-out no later than 9:00 or 10:00am, in almost all cases. Please see lease for your specific times.
- Late arrivals are easily accommodated; please call during business hours to make arrangements.
- August fills early with two week and longer rentals leaving few openings for one week rentals (July is usually lovely and less crowded).
- Map to cottage will be sent with fully signed lease.
- Cottages are fully furnished, linens, pillows, blankets, towels, dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and cooking utensils are all provided.
- Owners typically provide initial paper towels, toilet tissues, hand soap, laundry detergent, dish detergent, coffee filters and trash bags. If not provided or you run out tenants are responsible for purchasing those items for their stay.
- All cottages have telephones unless otherwise noted, cottage telephone number may be on your statement, and long distance calls from some cottages may require a credit/calling card.
- Some properties may not have TV, VCR, etc, please review amenities list in each property description: TV, VCR, DVD, CD PLAYER, MW=Microwave, DW=Dishwasher, W/D=Washer & Dryer, WS=Woodstove, FP=Fireplace, FANS, A/C=Air conditioning (only in a very few properties), HEAT, etc.
- Internet access via the phone line may be a long distance call.
- Large properties usually rent longer than one week and family reunions are difficult to accommodate.
- Water Access means walk-able and useable.
- We make every effort to keep the site accurate; however errors may exist in furnishings, rates, & availability.
- If something is critical or important to your stay please be sure to let us know.
- There are 100+ properties that allow pets. Some with an additional charge.
- All pets must be on flea medication, and there is a pet policy sent with the lease.
- Security deposits for those renting with a pet are held for 17 days after departure.
- Please do not bring a pet to a non-pet property. If you do, you and your pet may be asked to leave and your money will not be refunded, you may also forfeit your entire security deposit.
- Travel Insurance can also cover Pet Damage. See our Links page
- Please note that just because a property does not allow pets, that does not mean the property is “Pet Free” and there has not been a pet in it. If you have any pet allergies please let us know.
- Are pets allowed in Acadia National Park? YES
- Pets may not be left unattended and need to be leashed or otherwise physically restrained at all times. Pets are allowed in all park locations except Sand Beach, Echo Lake Beach, Isle au Haut campground, ladder trails, and inside public buildings. It is requested that dogs are not brought on any ranger-led activities. Service dogs or sight-guiding dogs may accompany their owner to all park locations unless the area is closed to all visitors.
- Pet Policy (PDF)
- Cleaners are on a very limited time schedule. Departure delays or excess cleaning may cause charges to you & delay the next tenant’s vacation.
- Leave on or before the time on your lease – normally 10:00am but sometimes 9:00am or even 8:30am. If you are going to depart before the end of your lease, please let us know so that the cleaners might be able to start earlier.
- Please leave the premises broom clean and in a orderly fashion.
- If there is a washer, please leave only a minimal amount of laundry. All used beds should be stripped, & a load of laundry started before departure.
- Have all dishes washed and put away.
- Empty all wastebaskets and garbage cans – please have trash out on trash day during your stay.
- All appliances used (especially the refrigerator) should be left clean and empty. Also the Grill
- Anything that your party has made especially dirty should be cleaned by you unless it requires extreme measures – than call and let us know ahead of time so that we can prepare the cleaning person.
- If you broke something, either replace it with the same item or notify us. Please don’t leave your damages to be discovered by the cleaning person.
- Please treat your cottage as if you were a guest in someone’s home.
- Departure Info (PDF)
- If you have to cancel the following from your lease applies:
- “Upon initial payment and the signing of the lease contract, should it become impossible for you to occupy the property, due to unforeseen circumstances, and no fault of the owner, the amount paid shall be retained by the owner as liquidated damages. You are responsible to pay for the balance due for the entire lease period. Upon notification of default, this Agency, and the Owner, will work to re-rent the property, and any money received through re-renting will be returned to you, but subject to, and no more than the original lease amount.”
- If the property is not re-rented you are responsible for the entire rental amount excluding tax and security deposit.
- Owners may make exceptions to the above and allow full or partial cancellation.
- Consider purchasing Travel Insurance See our Links page
- How much does it cost to visit the park?
- Entrance Fee (per vehicle): $30 for 7 days
- Entrance Fee (per motorcycle): $25 for 7 days
- Individual Permit (for pedestrian or person on a bicycle): $15 for 7 days
- Acadia Annual Pass: $55 – Entrance into Acadia for a year from date of purchase.
- National Annuual Pass $80 – Entrance into any federal recreation site for a year from date of purchase.
- Senior Pass $80 – Lifetime pass for seniors 62 or older for entrance into any federal recreation site
- Your entrance fee helps support improvements such as restrooms, picnic areas, and exhibits in the park. You can purchase passes at most park information centers.
- Additional information on Acadia and Mount Desert Island can be accessed on our Link Page
Fishing Licenses (2021)
- Under 16 no license is needed
- Maine Resident 16 & older – $25.00 good for the entire season
- Maine Resident 16 & older – 1 day/$11
- Nonresident 16 & older – 1 day/$11 – 3 days/$23 – 7 days/$43 – 15 days/$47 – Season/$64
- Nothing required if you have a Fresh Water License
- With no Fresh Water license you must register with Inland Fisheries & Wildlife there is a $2 fee
- For more information on Fishing in Maine & to get a license on-line go to Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
- Weather conditions vary, so you should plan to dress in layers.
- Summer temperatures vary from 45 F to 85 F, spring and fall temperatures from 30 F to 70 F.
- You may encounter rain and fog at any time, but we assure you that the sun does shine!
- Black flies are most common during late May and early June.
- Ocean Temperatures average: June-mid 40’s to low 50’s, July-low to mid 50’s,
- Aug-mid 50’s to low 60’s, Sept-low 60’s to low 50’s, Oct-mid to low 50’s.
- Winter temperatures vary from mid 30’s F to below zero. Average annual snowfall is 60 inches.
- Bar Harbor 5 day forecast
All properties are subject to availability and owner consent.